- This event has passed.
Native Garden Work Day
May 13 @ 9:00 am - 11:30 amFree
Volunteers remove invasive species, trim and plant natives and maintain/improve the native gardens around the Nature Center.
These workdays are weather dependent, so please call (816) 513-8960 before coming.
Volunteers will gather at the front doors before work begins.
The following are recommended:
• wear work gloves, sturdy shoes, long pants and long sleeves, if weather allows,
• apply insect/tick repellent to your skin and clothes,
• wear sunglasses or protective eyewear,
• bring your favorite gardening tools,
• and bring a refillable water bottle.
You will encounter insects, poison ivy and/or prickly plants.
To sign-up for a workday, or if you have questions, call (816) 513-8960.