Reservations > Birthday Party Packages
Birthday Party in the Classroom/Event Space. Photo @ Chelsea Tedlock
Birthday Party-goers viewing Live Native Animals. Photo © Charlene Hansen
Staff Naturalist with Opossum. Photo © Charlene Hansen
Celebrate birthdays at Lakeside Nature Center and have an unforgettable party; just bring your own theme ideas and decorations. Our event space has a capacity of 69 people with a 20 child maximum. For $175, the parties include a 2 ½ -hour rental, including a 30-minute live animal presentation by a Nature Center naturalist. Call (816) 513-8960 for more information.
• A $50 non-refundable deposit is required to hold the reservation and is due one week from rental confirmation. Deposit will be applied towards the total fee unless rental is cancelled.
• Full payment is due ten days prior to rental. Failure to apply full payment may result in rental cancellation.
• Payment may be received in the form of cash, check, money order, electronic credit or debit. Please make checks payable to Lakeside Nature Center.
• Advanced Registration is required.
• Adults must accompany children at all times throughout the Nature Center.
• No alcoholic beverages. As a City of Kansas City, Missouri owned property, no alcohol will be allowed unless there has been a license issued to do so.
• No smoking. This campus is a part of the KC Parks and Recreation Department and has a no smoking policy. • Check in with staff at Lakeside Nature Center welcome desk before setting up.
• Remind party-goers that the Nature Center houses live animals. Please use “quiet indoor voices,” do not tap on animals’ homes and remember to walk at all times inside the building.
• Lakeside Nature Center is a public facility so other guests will be visiting areas outside of the classroom at the time of your rental. Please be considerate of other visitors.
• Signs, posters, etc. may be used in classroom only. Permission must be obtained for use of any decorations. Confetti, glitter and unsecured balloons not allowed because of the negative impact they can have on the environment and wildlife.
• Wipe down tables and surfaces, clean up spills on floor. The Nature Center will provide cleaning supplies and vacuum as needed.
• Recycling of metal, plastic bottles, paper board, glass and clean paper is required for your event at Lakeside Nature Center. Separate bins are provided in the classroom.
• Lakeside Nature Center participates in food waste compost. Collection bins are provided, and participation is requested.
• Tables and chairs can be rearranged (additional are available on request). Please return to original set-up when rental is done.