Reservations > Facility Rental > Lake Lodge
Lake Lodge is a rustic dining hall with kitchen and is located within Swope Park’s Camp Lake of the Woods. The facility is ideal for family reunions, wedding receptions or corporate retreats. The dining hall will seat about 100 people (building capacity 125 people). Call (816) 513-8960 for information.
Lake Lodge is located at 7304 Oakwood Dr. Kansas City, MO.
*$250/ up to 4 hours
*$325/ 4 to 8 hours
$425/ 8 to 12 hours
Kitchen includes sink, stove/grill, convection oven, refrigerator and freezer. Hall includes 13 8″ long tables and 115 chairs.
• A $50 non-refundable deposit is required to hold the reservation and is due one week from rental confirmation. Deposit will be applied towards the total fee unless rental is cancelled.
• Full payment is due ten days prior to rental. Failure to apply full payment may result in rental cancellation.
• The KC Parks and Recreation Department reserves the right to require security and damage deposit for all parties and large events. Full payment of the deposit is due at the time the Facility Use Agreement is signed.
• Payment may be received in the form of cash, check, money order, electronic credit or debit. Please make checks payable to Lakeside Nature Center.
• No alcoholic beverages. As a City of Kansas City, Missouri owned property, no alcohol will be allowed unless there has been a license issued to do so.
• No smoking. There will be no smoking on this property. Since this is in the ‘heart of the woods’, there is potential danger for wildfire. Your consideration in this matter is appreciated.
• No outdoor grills. Fire Ring is available behind the Lodge.
• No parking in the grassy areas. There is off-street parking for all visitors on gravel or paved lots.
• No off-road vehicles. Trails are for foot and bike traffic only.
• No pets allowed in facilities except certified service animals. Dogs are allowed on trails on a leash.
• No outdoor decorations except signage. Permission must be obtained for use of any decorations including signs and posters on walls and/or doors. Confetti, glitter and unsecured balloons are not allowed because of the negative impact they can have on the environment and wildlife.
• Directional signs may be posted in Swope Park. You place them and you pick them up.
• No cooking supplies or utensils are supplied in Lake Lodge kitchen.
• Facility will be stocked with toilet paper, hand soap and cleaning supplies. Wipe down tables and surfaces, clean up spills on floor.
• Tables and chairs can be set-up and arranged as needed. Once clean, please take down and return to rolling cart.
• All trash must be disposed of properly in the trash receptacle outside of Lake Lodge.
• Recycling of metal, plastic bottles, paper board, glass and clean paper is available after your event at Lakeside Nature Center and is highly encouraged
All events must end no later than 8 pm. Everyone must vacate the area no later than 8:30 pm.