The Nature Center Classroom/Event Space
The classroom at Lakeside Nature Center is available to rent for meetings and small gatherings. Room capacity is 69 people. Cost is $50/hour during open hours (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.) For events outside of open hours, there will be an additional fee of $50/hour for staff overtime.
Call (816) 513-8960 for information.
• A $50 non-refundable deposit is required to hold the reservation and is due one week from rental confirmation. Deposit will be applied towards the total fee unless rental is cancelled.
• Full payment is due ten days prior to rental. Failure to apply full payment may result in rental cancellation.
• Payment may be received in the form of cash, check, money order, electronic credit or debit. Please make checks payable to Lakeside Nature Center.
• No alcoholic beverages. As a City of Kansas City, Missouri owned property, no alcohol will be allowed unless there has been a license issued to do so.
• No smoking. This campus is a part of the KC Parks and Recreation Department and has a no smoking policy.
• Signs, posters, etc. may be used in classroom only. Permission must be obtained for use of any decorations. Confetti, glitter and unsecured balloons not allowed because of the negative impact they can have on the environment and wildlife.
• Wipe down tables and surfaces, clean up spills on floor. The Nature Center will provide cleaning supplies and vacuum as needed.
• Recycling of metal, plastic bottles, paper board, glass and clean paper is required for your event at Lakeside Nature Center. Separate bins are provided in the classroom.
• Lakeside Nature Center participates in food waste compost. Collection bins are provided, and participation is requested.
• Tables and chairs can be rearranged (additional are available on request). Please return to original set-up when rental is done.
The pavilion to the east of Lakeside Nature Center is fee and open to the public each day from dawn to dusk. The dramatic roof shades the seating area while the openness of the pavilion offers stunning views of the savannah and woodlands nearby. A perfect spot for a picnic or just a place to relax and enjoy the scenery, the pavilion is open to all, no reservations required. Call (816) 513-8960 or e-mail for information.