Reservations > Facility Rental > Lakeside Nature Center
The entire public space within Lakeside Nature Center is available to rent for after-hours events. Enjoy the live animal displays, unique architecture and large windows yielding spectacular views of the nearby woodlands. Call (816) 513-8960 for more information.
Lakeside Nature Center Classroom (Room Capacity 69 people)
Lakeside Nature Center for After Hours Events (Facility Capacity 300 people) $500 (4 hours)
Staff Overtime fees $50/hour/staff
Animal Encounter $100
Clean-up Fee $50
• A $50 non-refundable deposit is required to hold the reservation and is due one week from rental confirmation. Deposit will be applied towards the total fee unless rental is cancelled.
• Full payment is due ten days prior to rental. Failure to apply full payment may result in rental cancellation.
• Payment may be received in the form of cash, check, money order, electronic credit or debit. Please make checks payable to Lakeside Nature Center.
• No alcoholic beverages. As a City of Kansas City, Missouri owned property, no alcohol will be allowed unless there has been a license issued to do so.
• No smoking. This campus is a part of the KC Parks and Recreation Department and has a no smoking policy.
• Signs, posters, etc. may be used in classroom only. Permission must be obtained for use of any decorations. Confetti, glitter and unsecured balloons not allowed because of the negative impact they can have on the environment and wildlife.
• Wipe down tables and surfaces, clean up spills on floor. The Nature Center will provide cleaning supplies and vacuum as needed.
• Recycling of metal, plastic bottles, paper board, glass and clean paper is required for your event at Lakeside Nature Center. Separate bins are provided in the classroom.
• Lakeside Nature Center participates in food waste compost. Collection bins are provided, and participation is requested.
• Tables and chairs can be rearranged (additional are available on request). Please return to original set-up when rental is done.